Massachusetts Emergency Nurses Association Strategic Plan 2020-2022
Community Vision Statement:
Massachusetts ENA is recognized as the authority and premier community for emergency nursing as evidenced by the development and adoption of practice, research, and educational resources.
- Build and promote tangible and intrinsic value for emergency nursing community
- Engage and support ENA state and chapter components
- Collaborate national emergency nursing colleagues
- Develop and implement a student outreach plan that introduces students to the emergency nursing specialty
- Increase ENA membership to 1000 through creating a compelling recruitment engagement and retention experience
- Engage and empower emergency nurses from varied practice settings through Advocacy and expanding collaboration with other emergency care professionals
Governance & Leadership Vision Statement:
Massachusetts ENA provides leadership in emergency healthcare through collaborative partnerships with association stakeholders, healthcare systems, government and regulatory agencies, corporations and patient advocacy groups.
- Provide leadership for strategic partnerships and collaborative relationships, both departmental and community based practice as demonstrated by its evidenced based tools and programs
- Lead the profession of emergency nursing beyond task-oriented care to knowledge-based safe practice and safe care
- Create a consistent and recognizable brand across all Massachusetts ENA programs, products, and services
- Empower Massachusetts ENA talent as an essential component of the ENA brand
Knowledge Vision Statement:
Massachusetts ENA is recognized as the premiere authority for emergency nursing education and practice resources as evidenced by the adoption of its education programs by emergency nurses.
- Develop Massachusetts ENA educational programs and resources to actively engage nurses across emergency care settings as well as other healthcare professionals
- Enhance quality of Massachusetts ENA products and programs through consistent and rigorous evaluation
- Support the generation of new knowledge in emergency nursing through original research, research funding, and collaboration with other partners
- Encourage the translation of evidence into nursing practice
Quality and Safety Vision Statement:
Massachusetts ENA defines the gold standard for quality and safety in emergency nursing care.
- Support and encourage the practice of using key metrics and procedures to improve quality and safety for emergency nursing care and injury prevention
- Promote emergency departments within Massachusetts to strive to achieve the Lantern Award as the exemplar for quality and safety of emergency nursing care
- Expand advocacy to include a statewide recognition of Massachusetts ENA as the authoritative voice for safe practice, safe care in emergency nursing
Advocacy Vision Statement:
Massachusetts ENA is a leading influential voice on emergency healthcare policy and regulatory issues as evidenced by its lead role in direct advocacy at the State House and with other government agencies.
- Provide leadership to Massachusetts ENA and its members on all legislative issues impacting the emergency healthcare industry
- Expand legislative advocacy through increased presence in the Massachusetts State House
- Provide opportunities for more direct member engagement in and knowledge of legislative advocacy through the Government Affairs Committee and educational opportunities
- Increase visibility and participation in legislative and advocacy to promote nurse, patient and community safety and excellence in emergency nursing practice
- Increase engagement with partners and coalitions to leverage Massachusetts ENA influence over the legislative process
Infrastructure Vision Statement:
Investing in people, technology, and facilities to advance Massachusetts ENA’s mission.
- Invest in and implement a technology infrastructure capable of integrating systems that support timely, accurate, and relevant information, helping to reduce manual paperwork, eliminate duplication, and improve efficiency.
- Manage expenses and utilization consistent with the objectives and goals
- Invest in the development, assessment and recruitment of the appropriate talent to support our vision and align with the National Emergency Nurses Association Strategic Plan